Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chicken Taco Salad

My daughter is a beautiful and amazing young lady.  Even though she is 26 years old, I still refer to her as my baby girl.  Hard to believe 26 years have gone by.  I am so proud of her.  She is a strong and positive lady.  I am so blessed to not only have a daughter that is as wonderful as her, but to also call her my best friend.
She has an awesome job... but...
She works the midnight shift.
Of course I know she is safe at work. But I do not want her to go out at 3:00am to get lunch.
So if she wants me to make her a chicken taco salad....
Then I will gladly do it for my baby girl.
The recipe is way beyond easy.. On a scale of 1-10.. 1 being easy and 10 being hard..
it is for sure a 1.
Here are the ingredients...
First thing you need to do is fry up the chicken.. you do not want it to be crispy like fried chicken.. you just to need to make sure it is cooked through.
After chicken is cooked.. next you need to cut it up...
 Put the cut up chicken back in the pan

 Add the taco seasoning from the packet

Add water... I actually just fill in the packet with water and put it in the pan
It will come up to a boil, stir once in a while... it will take about 10 minutes.. and it will thicken..
Cook until all liquid is gone.. It will be absorbed by the chicken.
This is salad.. You can add more chicken if you would like. You can also top it with salsa..
I prefer mine with ranch dressing..

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment