Sunday, November 25, 2012

Potato and Ham Soup

Well, with Thanksgiving gone...
There are a ton of leftovers in my house...
I need to clean out the fridge ...
And as I was looking in there...
I thought of my mom's potato soup...
I have the most amazing mother... She is a true angel... One of the most beautiful people I have ever met...She is one of the most giving person I have ever met.. Needless to say... when I was a child...
I was with my mother all the time... Especially when she was cooking...It really amazed me at what she could come up with... She would just look in the pantry... And next thing you knew... We had a feast on the table... I really think I get my love of cooking from my role model ... My mom...
This one is for you mom....
OK
Here are the ingredients...
All you do i peel, wash, and cut up potatoes, onions and carrots..Put in stock pot with cut up ham, soups and then add enough water to cover over everything at least an inch or more.. Then turn up on high till it just starts to boil... and turn to medium and let it simmer....
And after about an hour or so...
It looks like this...
I topped mine with sour cream, cheese and bacon bits...

It is not only delicious it is a true comfort food...
Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment