Monday, November 19, 2012

Peach and Pear Surprise

Well, today is Monday...

But then this afternoon...
My very best friend  Karen  called me..
We talked for almost an hour...It is always a wonderful thing to talk to her..
She always brightens my day... And I feel so blessed to have a true blue friend through thick and thin..  But the reality is.. there has been no thin...We are going to be bff to the end.. Real Lucy and Ethel...
ok...Time to get to the recipe.. I could talk about Karen all day...
I did not have all the ingredients for her cobbler recipe that she shared with me...
Time to look through the pantry... and here is what I found...


Ok.. I know this sounds crazy... But think about it...
What ingredients are in an apple crisp??
Oatmeal, flour, brown sugar...(and today chocolate chips)...
The same exact ingredients that are in cookie mix...
So here is what I did...
Opened both cans of fruit... And cut up and added to the dish.. including juice...
Then opened the bag of cookie mix... and spread on top...

 
As you can see I added some pats of butter...
Baked @ 350 for 45 minutes...
And...

And it is so good...

The chocolate chips melted through it..
Next time I am going to try with cherries....
Oh my.. that just seems delicious...
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment